View Single Post
Old March 5, 2008, 10:35 PM   #12
TexasSeaRay

First off, I'm not a big Ayoob fan, and for a number of reasons going all the way back to some BS he pulled on a sister agency that STILL hasn't recovered from it some twenty-plus years later.

Second, geography has a lot to do with my choice of ammo. Here in Texas, I carry pretty much whatever I want. When I'm in rural areas of Texas, I couldn't care less what I carry--be it reloads or factory. Rural Texas district attorneys don't push for indictments on righteous shootings. Not only do they get run out of office, they get ostracized by their own folks.

If I lived in Pennsylvania. I think all I'd carry for self defense would be whatever the local cops carry. Same goes for NYC, anywhere in California, and since pedophiles are more welcome than gun owners in Massachusetts, I think I'd carry a slingshot with cotton balls as my ammo.

Actually, I think I'd rather carry Rosie O'Donnel's tampons than live in Massachusetts.

When it comes to this kind of "legal advice," this is the WRONG place to be seeking it. Ain't none of us going to testify on your behalf if you get in a shooting. And "well, the guys on the internet at TFL said. . . " isn't a real strong defense either.

Call up the local DA's office and ask to speak to one of their prosecutors and get it from the horse's ass, er, MOUTH, instead. Then document the conversation (wouldn't hurt to record it) by date, time and who you spoke with. It could still come down to "he said, she said," but if you did all of the previous, it would show that you were trying to be as responsible and civic-minded as possible.

Jeff

So to those of you who are members of neither, thanks for nothing.

Page generated in 0.02173 seconds with 8 queries