View Single Post
Old September 17, 2009, 10:44 AM   #19
Uncle Billy

Who cares?

I spend about zero time and/or money and/or concern trying to "fit in" in ANY circumstance. I don't need or seek the acceptance of anyone, especially one who would judge me by what sort of guns I find interesting, or even that I'm interested and engaged in guns and shooting.

Anyone who would judge me by such trivia is of too shallow a perspective and too narrow a focus to matter to me. I was never much good at "sucking up" to anyone; they can take me or leave me for whatever reasons are important to them; if the reasons are shallow and pointless, like this one is, then I suffer no loss in "not fitting in".

I am totally indifferent to someone who I don't "fit in" with because I shoot flintlocks, or because like trap better than skeet, or because I don't own a 9 mm, or because I'm not into ersatz military killing machines and the associated mall Ninja aura, or because I don't CC all the time- or any of the million such assessments of me one could make.

If those are the criteria someone uses to judge me, then they don't "fit in" with ME.

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries