View Single Post
Old August 3, 1999, 06:27 PM   #5
JJR

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Everyone is waiting for that one great tyrannical event that will be a call to arms... but what will that be? The govt. is just too clever for that. They are (and have been) disassembling the Constitution one small piece at a time. No one single action has the weight to merit a bloody revolution and the vast majority of the population will always fail to see what has been done as a whole. Even those who do understand will be difficult to spur into action. Someone above posted a statement that pretty well sums up the battle cry of the "modern" American Patriot: "I don't want to overthrow the government, I just want to live in peace and be left alone."

The government will never go door-to-door confiscating guns. Besides all the legal hassles, they just don't have the manpower to do that. No, they will confiscate guns one small piece at a time. A bayonet lug here, a magazine type there... even different caliber’s that seem to be a threat to the "greater good." 10 round mags will give way to 5 round mags and 4 shot revolvers and in a few years we'll be left with a piece of pipe, time sensitive black powder and Federally regulated percussion caps (and we'll still have our RKBA, don't ya' know!). We'll bitch and moan and write letters to our congressman and participate in the CNN internet "poll" but that will probably be the extent of it. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but I haven’t been given a reason to feel otherwise.

And then there's the other problem: Who are you gonna shoot? Policemen, soldiers, Federal employees? Those are working folks just like us who are trying to pay the rent and put food on the table. The Politicians? Yes, they're idiots but their our idiots! They were elected to their offices by the principles of democracy that we hold dear. I for one am perfectly willing to defend myself and my beliefs against anyone who attacks me, but I would have a difficult time dropping hammers on someone just because they represent something I don't believe in.

I apologize if I've offended anybody. I don't like feeling this way but I can't help it. I think a Revolution is the only way we can salvage this country, but I just don't see it happening. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about everything I've said.

Page generated in 0.04350 seconds with 8 queries