View Single Post
Old August 4, 1999, 10:45 AM   #24
Bulldozer

I doubt that this country will see an armed revolution the likes of the Civil War again. The vast majority of Americans are too comfortable and have too much to lose by going against the tides of the recent government encroachment.

I chafe at the recent infringements upon my rights by an overreaching Federal government that is headed by a liar, cheat, thief, and scoundrel. It burns my blood that MY elected officials act as though they are rulers and not servants.

Just my two cents, but I believe a big part of the problem has come about by the 24-7 news media coverage. You know it takes a whole lot of c--p happening to fill up those minutes and hours. Take a moment and go back to the time when CNN did not bring you "up to the minute" coverage. I dare say we are ruled as much by the news personalities as we are by our elected officials.

There also seems to be this flawed notion amongst the "cognoscienti" that what goes on in DC, NYC, LA is good for the rest of the nation. I think these folks are in an ivory tower. Take a good hard look at the "real" America. It's the small towns, corner drug stores, local bars, and grass-roots communities, not the sprawling concrete jungles.

Sorry if I rambled, just venting the spleen.

Page generated in 0.03319 seconds with 8 queries