View Single Post
Old December 11, 2001, 08:33 AM   #2
Double Naught Spy

Why not a .60 and 350ish grains?

The concept is nice, but with the concept of bigger, the commercial market declines. Just about anyone can shoot a .22 rifle or maybe a Kel-Tec P-32. The market is open for anyone of age, who has hands and fingers. This maybe burly football players to little old ladies. The guns have some purposes for which they are best suited, but at worst, they can be shot by about anyone.

Of course there is a .50 auto and Desert Eagle sells it, but I don't know the grain size. The guns are huge, heavy, don't conceal very good for most peple (but it can be done, no doubt). The are loud, very loud.

What happens is that as caliber increases, there are associated changes with the gun, the bullets, and the environment around the gun when fired. My guess is that most old ladies won't be able to hold the gun out to shoot it, won't handle the recoil, and won't like the loudness or concussion wave. There goes part of the market. All of the smaller, more frail people are out as well, male and female alike. They aren't cheap to buy or shoot. There goes another part. They don't conceal well so there goes more potential customers. There isn't much selection so you buy what is there or nothing, and there goes more potential buyers.

I had to laugh, some famous retired football player from the Cowboys with 3 Superbowl rings was arrested in PA, his home state. Aside from the drugs, this 300 man had a little .22 pistol and now has weapons charges. At 300 lbs and having that much money in an economic base to buy whatever he wants and he is carrying a tiny .22!

Let me know if Kel-Tec makes a .50 in a P-50 version like the P-32 and has comparable recoil while still sending the bullet down range at appropriate speed to be effective, THEN you will have a very commercially viable gun.

Page generated in 0.04221 seconds with 8 queries