View Single Post
Old September 2, 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
twhidd

ATF knocked on my door last night!

I'm as serious as a heart attack. An ATF agent came to visit me last night to ask me about a handgun I sold to an individual on another forum. He began by saying that he was not investigating me, but rather the person that I sold the gun to. I followed everything that was required in my state by verifying that he was legal to own. And he was, because he showed me his carry license. He is investigating this person because this guy is buying and selling guns on these forums like crazy, and he has no federal firearms license. The guy took the gun he got from me and posted it on another forum the very next day for almost twice the price that he paid me (which kinda ****** me off. But hey, you live and learn. The gun wasn't really worth what he was asking for it, but I digress). He showed me a list of AR's, AK's and handguns that this guy has been selling for several months. The phrase "arms dealer" was used.

You could imagine that I was somewhat concerned to have a federal agent at my door. I wanted to know how he came to find me. My state doesn't require firearms registration. Well apparently the picture he posted of my gun on the forum was a clear enough photo that he was able to trace the serial number back to the dealer that I bought the gun from. And I guess he got them to pull the paper work of the transaction from where I bought it.

I must say that all-in-all the agent was very friendly. As we spoke I came to understand what he was trying to accomplish by this investigation. If this guy wants to be a "gun dealer" then he needs to get an FFL. In our conversation he seemed to come across as pro 2nd Ammendment. He said specifically that "we don't need more gun laws, we need to enforce the laws we have". which is what he is seems to be doing. It did make for an interesting half hour.

I'm interested in to see what comments come from this.

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries