View Single Post
Old September 2, 2009, 09:57 AM   #9
twhidd

Quote:
The only thing the ATF is investigating is whether the other person is engaging in the business of selling firearms without a license- unfortunately they view it as a higher crime than it tends to be (unless he's deliberately selling these guns to people unable to legally own a firearm, it's just a tax issue).
I believe that was exactly the agents intent. He stated that only he and one other agent in this region investigate such transactions (I guess meaning internet transactions). As minor as it may be, I understand why he was doing so.

And "no" it is not illegal to buy and sell firearms over the internet. And it is also not illegal to sell one for a profit. The agent made that very clear, as I already knew this to be the case. But if you intend to do this as a so-called business, then you need to follow the rules of the road so-to-speak and get an FFL. Also make certain that the people that you are selling to are legally able to own said firearm. Too many guns end up in the hands of the wrong people if the rules aren't followed.

Page generated in 0.03353 seconds with 8 queries