View Single Post
Old September 2, 2009, 10:54 AM   #15
Maromero

twhidd:

CWPinSC is correct. You have rights. They are there for a reason and purpose. Do not take them for granted. It may appear that you are not the focus of the investigation but you are in the invstigation. Otherwise, no agent at your door. This is not meant to scare you. Lawyer up before answering future questions and obey your lawyer's instructions. One slip, one misunderstanding from that agent regarding any of your statements and you are in deep. The agent does not has to read you your rights until you become the focus of the investigation. You probably won't hear from this agent again but be safe and request legal advice.

[QUOTE]I've got guys I've banned from the shop and blocked from auction bidding because they do just that...buy guns from gunshops and pawnshops then sell then to all comers at gun shows.

I would and have happily cooperate(d) with any investigation like the one referred to here/QUOTE]

It apears you have a little more knowledge and expirience regarding this matter. I don't mean not to cooperate. Cooperate in all you can but in an intelligent and diligent manner. If he doesn't have the expirience and know how, get it before doing something irresponsible like answering questions to a fed agent in a criminal investigation.

Last edited by Maromero; September 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02334 seconds with 8 queries