View Single Post
Old December 11, 2007, 09:18 AM   #10
Wuchak

I'd go with a Ruger GP100. The Ruger's modular design makes takedown for cleaning as easy as field stripping a pistol. The Ruger one piece frame/triple lock-up action is inherently stronger than the sideplate/double lock-up design of the Taurus. Ruger also has a lifetime warranty.

Warning!! Anti-Taurus Rant
I would dispute the claim that Taurus is better than Kel-tec. I have both. The Taurus I have cost 2 1/2 times as much as the Kel-tec. Both had problems, Kel-tec wouldn't feed hollow points and the Taurus flame cut the front of the cylinder, but Kel-tec fixed it in one trip back. Taurus took 3 and the same thing is happening again. The customer service people at Kel-tec were friendly and I had my gun back within two weeks of the day I shipped it out. The customer service people at Taurus were snippy and rude. Each trip back took over 12 weeks. If someone gave me a Taurus I'd sell it to go buy a Kel-tec or Ruger. Taurus has some cool designs but I would say the improvements in quality they made in the last 10 years moved them from a third rate product to second. The revolver I had problems with and they have had three chances to fix was one of their top of the line Titanium models that was more than $600.

Last edited by Wuchak; December 11, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries