View Single Post
Old December 11, 2007, 10:42 AM   #12
Magnum Wheel Man

hmmm... I think you just need to look your choice over well, & hope you get a good one with no internal flaws that can't be viewed easily...

I have "several" guns, & continue to purchase as often as the wallet allows... in my 20 years or so of fairly active gun purchases, I really only got one lemon...

my lemon was an AMT 380 Back up, that could not be made to fire a full magazine of ammo, no matter what ammo was tried, & I even ried buying 2 different magazines... it was frustrating enough, that I now question the reliability of any pocket auto ( so I can see where the Taurus bashers come from, especially if their customer service people are not "overly freindly" )

... I own 2 Taurus revolvers, & one is our bedroom defense gun ( we have several aquariums in the master bedroom, so our choice for the wife & the room conditions, is a 4" Stainless tracker in 8 shot 22 Magnum ) the gun is not a buttery smooth $1,000.00 high end revolver, but (we) trust our lives on it's function... several people have had issues with the S&W locks, but 2 of my carry guns are newer S&W's, & I've not had any issue with the locks ( so far )

... unfortunately, if the truth be told, we'd all probably be better off buying 20 year old like new, hand built Rugers, S&W & Colts... but there just isn't enough of those to go around, & then there are still those odd AMT Back Up's, that didn't function right 15 years ago either

more than likely you be fine with what ever gun you choose...um maybe

Page generated in 0.04842 seconds with 8 queries