View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 09:40 AM   #19
plague115

15 round mag

So, I decided to reply to this thread considering that it had a major factor in my purchasing a brand new pt58hc. This thread answered all the questions that I needed to know about the pt58, other than the 15 round mag.

I took my fiance to the range with me one day to get used to the feel of my sigma 40, the weapon that I keep in my nightstand in case of a break in. She didn't do to well with it, the kick was a bit much for her, she then shot my friends Sig 9mm, and she liked it better than mine but it was still a bit more than she cared for (shes a tiny thing lol). So I decided to get a 380. In looking for a 380, I saw the beretta cheetah and the Taurus pt58. I always like the feel of the m9 beretta that I used in the military, so I figured that it wouldn't be bad to look into these 2 pistols (i understand that they aren't sized down models of these technically, but the exterior design and dimensions are similar).

I didnt really care for the design of the cheetah, seemed a bit more dainty than the pt58 and a little bit more pricey to boot. After reading this review, I concluded that the only real cons of the pt58 were the size and frame. I am not looking for a "pocket pistol" so I'm not worried about concealed carry, as it would be in my nightstand and stay there, and I actually wanted a full size 380 that my fiance would be able to get a full grip on, so that wasn't a big deal to me. And the frame rust could be prevented by keeping it in good maintenance, keeping it clean and using some rust coat on it. There was only one factor that was keeping me from buying this pistol...the magazine.

A 19 round mag seems a bit much, I like the option but don't care for it being the only thing that is available for purchase. I agree that the 19 round mag might be a bit unbalanced, and I don't care for how much it protrudes from the handle. After reading this and many other reviews, it seemed impossible to purchase a 15 round mag for the pt58hc. I was wrong.

I called up Taurus to question them about the 19 round mag being the only one sold and they told me that they sell BOTH the 15 and 19 round magazines for the pt58hc. I ordered 2 of them for 40 a piece, plus 5 dollars shipping. I am still waiting for my pistol to arrive and the mags to confirm this, but it looks like all you have to do is call them and order them directly from taurus (they aren't listed on the website, just call customer service). Just thought I would clear this up and let others know where to find the 15 round mag since it seems to be a popular topic here and on other sites. I will confirm this for sure once I get my pistol and mags in about a week. Hope this post helps others as this thread helped me in my purchase

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries