View Single Post
Old January 11, 2010, 08:46 AM   #8
Magnum Wheel Man

here are those pics I promised...

this is a re-nickeled Hopkins & Allen exposed hammer double action in 32 S&W along with 5 rounds of the ammo described above...

Quote:
Of all the Old top breaks which do you think are the strongest/best made in 32 S&W?
SAM... I'm probably not best qualified to answer that qustion, but of the examples I've collected, I guess I'd say my Hopkins & Allen Safety Police models look to be stronger, & both mine have coil springs, rather than flat springs ( which I think in general means they were designed or built in the smokeless powder era ) that or the S&W "lemon squeezers" are probably better quality over all than most of the others...

I've also noticed several safety features that seemed way ahead of their time... Iver Johnson has a "safety trigger" model that has a "Glock type" trigger safety... these were made around 1900... NAA has their mid chamber cylinder safety hammer notch in their most modern mini revolvers... I have another non top break built in the late 1800's that has that same mid chamber hammer safety notch built around 1876... the old S&W "lemon squeezers" with their grip safeties... & the Hopkins & Allen Safety Police, has a hammer that drops into position when the trigger is pulled, but after the trigger is released, the hammer raises to a point where it can not contact the firing pin... no need for a transfer bar... alot of these "old guns" are really pretty cool...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guns 313.jpg (50.7 KB, 680 views)
File Type: jpg Guns 314.jpg (45.8 KB, 3057 views)

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 11, 2010 at 09:29 AM.

Page generated in 0.02852 seconds with 9 queries