View Single Post
Old January 14, 2010, 09:04 AM   #17
Magnum Wheel Man

thought I'd add a link...

this gun is similar to the gun I 1st pictured but has not be re-nickeled... the current price looks like it's going to sell cheap ( at $25.00 with 3 days to go )

as far as shooting mine, I think its good enough for the loads I've listed so far, for range & fun shooting...

I personally wouldn't think of it as any kind of carry gun ( even though mine came with a carry holster ) because the firing pin is part of the hammer, & it, when down, always protrudes through the frame by design... you can turn the cylinder so that the firing pin rests between cartridges, which in that position, it's very safe... it kind of "nests" between the rims & keeps the cylinder from turning accidentally however, if you were to forget to index the cylinder so the firing pin went between chambers, & the hammer was sitting on a live round, I have no doubt you could fire the gun just by pushing on the hammer... not a good thing for carry purposes... my gun in this form, is however one of the more accurate guns I have in 32 S&W, & IMO, makes a cool range toy with ball loads in 32 S&W...

of course I have no eye deer of the actual condition of this gun, & don't know the seller at all, but the price seems very reasonable "right now" hard telling where it will be in 3 days though... but it has been listed for a while, without much interest... EDIT oops... noticed it's H&R not a H&A like mine, so not sure of the similarities ???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=153492943

BTW.. JD... after looking through my reference material, HP-38 looks to be one of the better choices for this type of reloading( though I didn't see any published data for this particular cartridge )... I don't personally have any HP-38, but when I sort out my shooting irons for function, & find the couple I plan on shooting regularly, I'll probably try a few other powders... I load alot with Unique already, so might have to try a couple with that powder... & maybe try to find a can of HP-38 as well ???

BTW #2, for anyone planning on shooting these... almost all of them are running critical internals that are not hardened, so the parts are much more subject to wear than most modern guns, so a good clean inside, & a good lubing of internal parts IMO, would be critical if you are planning on putting any amount of balls down the pipe ( or bullets for that matter )

BTW #3... it wouldn't be very nice to bid against me on one of the other guns that he's selling, that I'm currently the high bidder on...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03578 seconds with 8 queries