View Single Post
Old December 29, 2004, 02:27 PM   #10
Danindetroit

How do you know when somebody has body armor on? Is it after you are going for a reload, and they are drawing down on you? In hunting, most times if you go out with someone who is very experienced, they can tell you where to aim if it is not a perfect broadside shot. I would pass and let them take the shot. BG don't always give you a perfect shot, and you might not have anybody around, to tell you where to aim. I wondered about training classes.

This was meant to be a question to people who had attended training classes. A bullet into body armor, knocks down almost nobody. The bullet doesn't have enough energy. I rarely believe a person stands straight up, and with their chest readily exposed, asking to be shot, I might be wrong. I do not do most things the "correct" way. I shoot one-handed, turned side-ways to the target, all the way up to 44 mag.

In all my posts, I have stated carry the gun you are comfortable with. One of The first pistols I shot was a walther ppk/s .380, that my dad got in the 60's or 70's after he was robbed/kiddnapped. It is a very good gun. I did not disparage the caliber, but the tactics that might be used against a large person. I never asked if he had to use it, as it took the family almost 5? years to sell the bar, after that incident. I did not ask if he had a license to carry it either, as most city residents, were trying to probably be disarmed after the riots.

Their are always going to be a million what-ifs, and I shoot, 1 shot, left of center, to the belt line, another shot, at about the diaphram, and 1 in the upper chest, with my wife's G-27, all left of center, missing most of the spine, hoping to hit the aorta, with ranger "t" series, this round might hit some nerves. The spine is very well protected from the front, by the vertabrae body, I figure that disrupting the nerve roots is easier, where they come out of protection of the spine. Instead of fighting the muzzle lift I just try to keep the gun from moving side to side. The gun has trijicons, and I am thinking of getting the xs express sights, it is her decision, and I am hopin to find a gun for her to shoot with them. She shoots how she wants to shoot, she has more training than I do. In a mini glock, anything over 15 yds. and you should have got a medium glock, or get out. I am not disparaging glocks, but the tactics. I do not carry a gun, or plan to. I am either going to bluff the person, or get them into range or my hands, or my pocket knife.

Page generated in 0.03945 seconds with 8 queries