View Single Post
Old September 14, 2006, 09:51 AM   #7
CDH

Quote:
Downside would be that there aren't a whole lot of holsters readily available for the xd series yet, and apparently the rusting problem?? (can someone tell me about the rusting problem I haven't heard of this)
Argueably one of the best holster makers around makes his Max-Con V holster for all the XD's so for a really good IWB rig, look no further.
http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm

There have been a handful of people reporting they have found rust on their XD's (slide) and I believe them, but this is the internet after all so a "handful" of reports get repeated by those who've never even held an XD in their hands, and that gets morphed into "a lot" which then gets morphed into "every" and then gets morphed into "I knew a guy who knew a guy who said he thought another guy had an XD where the slide dissolved from rust right before his very eyes".
Like I said, this "is" the Internet.

All pistols that are made of metal are prone to rust if not kept maintained so I don't think that the XD's are made of some kind of "special" metal that's prone to rust more than any other pistol.

There's no magic when it comes to rust. If you take care of your pistol and keep it lubed (any make or model), it won't rust, even IF a finish has worn down to metal (look at all the blued guns out there with bluing wear that still don't rust because they are maintained correctly).
On the other hand, IF I ever see any part of the finish on my XD9SubC wear to metal, I would just send it off and have it ArmorCoated or Parkerized or whatever the tough finish "flavor" of the moment is.

Carter

Page generated in 0.03513 seconds with 8 queries