View Single Post
Old July 24, 2009, 11:05 AM   #16
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lapin
Anyone want to find out how much his legal costs for the two trials were?
Lee, Technically based on the reports he was never "tried" in criminal court but his case was taken to the Grand Jury. I am sure he hired a lawyer to represent him thru that process and probably had to pay that out of his pocket.

Based on what Deaf said based on the fact that the perp was shot outside the home for stealing then I guess Texas Law does not bar civil suit (strange law) so Ms. Whitsell went dialing for dollars.

Depending on his homeowners policy Mr. Graham may have been covered for defense costs there. So, he couldn't sue to recover those costs from Whitsell.

My uneducated speculation is that Graham at most had to pay for a criminal lawyer to counsel him thru the Grand Jury process but that is only a SWAG.

I suspect if Graham had fallen under the protection of what many states call "the Good Samaritan Law" Whitsell would have been barred from suit but Graham may still have incurred costs with a criminal defense lawyer for the grand jury process.

I am not sure how you can prudently avoid hiring a lawyer for advice if you ever shoot someone no matter how righteous the shoot if for only advice and someone to talk for you to the cops. Of course that is a personal preference.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 8 queries