View Single Post
Old September 4, 2002, 08:38 PM   #21
uglygun

Value, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Enjoy your Knight's rifle, for the same money though I outfitted an all new Bushy carbine with all new gear: Surefire 500A, ARMS 38Ext. SwanSleeve, Aimpoint CompM in a ARMS #22M68 mount, with sling, and with mags. The rifle has shot 600+ rounds in one day alone while going over 1k+ rounds in a two day period while practicing and competing for various matches, all without malfunctions of any kind.

For some who want the brand name, Knights and Colts I refer them to but I caution them that customer service can be troublesome(reported from numerous owners of both brands). For those who want value, I recommend Armalite or Bushmaster where customer service is said to be much improved with prices that are within the stratosphere for a respectable product(and in the case of Armalite downright outstanding in my own personal experience).

As for jamming that rifle up, might I recommend you try out just about anything from Federal(American Eagle, Premium, Gold Medal). Shoot enough of that crap and you WILL get a popped primer down in your trigger group as well as maybe a few other wonderful little surprises, but hell Knights themselves recommends not using Federal ammo in their SR25s and they likely recommend the same for the SR15. Maybe the only safe 223/5.56 from Federal is that white box stuff that's coming from the LakeCity plant and getting remarked as Federal, crimped primers on LC brass hopefully and not that soft FC crap.

One thing you will learn about the AR15, ANY AR15, is that they are all ammo sensitive(no matter if it's 223Rem or 5.56 spec chambers) and will also be sensitive to FUBAR'd magazines. I've had the guns run dirty with over 1k rounds fired without any type of cleaning, but bad ammo will cause headaches non-stop even if the gun is perfectly clean.

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries