View Single Post
Old September 10, 2007, 07:38 PM   #23
Rimrod

I think I remember the thread newerguy is referring to, which is odd since I can't remember anything else. We also hashed out the Harold Fish case. While we are not lawyers here, not all of us anyway, we are a cross section of the community which is what juries are made of. Given the evidence presented in both cases I would have voted guilty for both defendants if I was on their juries.

There were too many discrepancies in the Fish case and it sounded as if he over-reacted out of fear and did kill the other guy without justification. Besides, as I recall his case was about him using a 10mm cannon, not reloaded ammo.

If I'm not mistaken the case newerguy is talking about was in an article by Masaad Ayoob, go figure. He was using it as an example of why you shouldn't use reloads for self defense but that wasn't what the case was even about. After reading the facts of the case, as Mr. Ayoob had presented them, it sounded like the guy murdered his wife. Apparently the readers mind was supposed to wander off while reading the story and buy into the load of B.S. that Mr. Ayoob was trying to pass off. Which my mind always did when reading one of his articles.

During both of these discussions someone had asked for proof of a case where a person was punished for using reloads/handloads and there never was one offered.
"... he held his gun as almost every man skilled in such matters preferred to hold one when in action, with a half bent elbow that brought the gun slightly in front of his body at about, or slightly above, the level of the waist." - Wyatt Earp from Wyatt Earp Frontier Marshall by Stuart N. Lake

Page generated in 0.03691 seconds with 8 queries