View Single Post
Old September 20, 2007, 09:05 AM   #2
Jim Watson

I don't know if it is factory or custom, but it is a sandard set up for ISU centerfire shooting. There were a fair number of .38 and .32 revolvers at one time, although the .32 S&W Long wadcutter automatics seem to have taken over. First Korth I have seen, but Manhurin had a very similar model in their regular catalog lineup.

I don't know what they shoot now, but this gun was set up for when ISU had a "precision" stage, and a "duelling" stage.

Precision was just slowfire bullseye shooting, 5 shots in 6 minutes; six strings in the match.

In the dueling stage, you started with the gun cocked and at a low ready position with barrel 45 deg below the line of fire watching a silhouette target edge on. When the target turned to face you, you had 3 seconds to raise the gun, aim and break one shot. Then it turned away for 7 seconds, just long enough to recock the gun, breathe, and take position for the next appearance of a five shot string. Six strings in the match.

They did no rapid fire as for US NRA National Match, so they could use those big grips you could lock your hand into for each string; cocking with the off hand for each shot.

Page generated in 0.02681 seconds with 8 queries