View Single Post
Old January 27, 2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Rescue2

Opinions needed from ladies on Sig P239 .40 S&W

I know that I shouldn’t be suggesting to my wife which gun she should use, but I’d like to get opinions from the ladies on how they feel about the Sig Sauer P239 in .40 S&W caliber…

My primary handgun, which I like very much, is a Sig P229 in .40, and the double stack grip is not comfortable for my wife. It’s just not a good fit for her hands at all. Given that “minor” inconvenience, we’re going to investigate a nice single stack arrangement for her.

I’ve shot a P239 in 9mm, and I enjoyed the fit, and didn’t really notice a big difference in the recoil between the 9mm and .40.

The reason I’m interested in the P239-.40 is for a couple of reasons.

First, I’d like to maintain a consistency in “operations”, mostly for safety and familiarity between the two of us. For instance, the Sig design of a de-cocking lever (as opposed to a manual safety) would be common, and not requiring a conscious evaluation of “How do I engage the safety mechanism on this one??”

This also covers things like magazine ejection, and take-down/break-down for cleaning,

Second, I’d like to keep a common caliber of ammunition. No confusion, no mix ups. Also helps justify bulk purchases…

I will not impose my preferences into the decision process, but if it’s a toss up between say a Beretta or a Smith, or a Glock and the Sig, I’d like to be able to suggest that there are good reasons for manufacturer commonality. Even if for some reason she decides she likes a 9mm better than the .40.

Now, if I’m wasting my time even *thinking* about being logical, I need to know that, too…

Page generated in 0.02617 seconds with 8 queries