View Single Post
Old April 5, 2005, 12:28 PM   #19
novus collectus

Quote:
As for rimfire cases not feeding reliably, I'd say I've burned up close to half a million rimfires in my 35 years of shooting, and I've NEVER had a case of rimlock disable either a rifle or a handgun that I've been shooting.
Yeah but some of us don't bother to clean our 22s. My $90 22 bolt action rifle fails to extact shells all the time.

Polymers can be made hard enough, malleable enough and strong enough to do just about anyting these days(I beleive). But I vote for casesless ammo as the new tech. Sure you need a better gas seal, but it would be so much cheape. Also if they made the outer portiion of the cartridge real tough and somewhat malleable that burns at a much slower rate then it might seal the chamber until the pressure subsides enough.

Mike Irwin,
Funny you mention that bout the spencer. Cousins have one and a few rounds that may be between 1880 and 1920 as well. What was your experience like and did they all work. At $20-$70 (guess) a shell I don't think they will fire theirs. You can send me a PM if you feel like it.

Page generated in 0.03867 seconds with 8 queries