View Single Post
Old November 29, 2007, 12:51 PM   #24
Night Watch
Registration in progress

Well, if everyone is finished crying in their beer, may we move on to some sort of relevant discussion?

Exactly what is the problem, here? I've carried a G-21 in C-3 for the past 5 years. During practice sessions I always draw and fire using a Mossad draw. I do dozens of practice Mossad draws every week. Before I start any range session I'll empty a magazine full of A-Zoom snap caps from Mossad; and, thereafter, I switch to live rounds and do the same thing all over again.

Mossad ain't slow; it isn't inaccurate. The last guy I had to pull a pistol on didn't even get to clear his belt before he realized that if he didn't instantly freeze he was going to get double-tapped out of his shoes. When properly executed a Mossad draw can be completed in, something less than, 1.5 seconds. (That's from the holster, to squaring up the back of the slide, and firing the first two rounds.)

There is only one real disadvantage to a Mossad draw: You (usually) need to use two hands - That's it, period! The entire nation of Israel carries in C-3 and uses a Mossad draw. The British Secret Services and SAS, also, did exactly the same thing for decades.

For anyone to say that he isn't going to take a job because he can't live with the inconvenience and presumed danger of a Mossad draw from C-3 is just plain silly. What such a person is really saying is that he doesn't know how to handle himself in a CQB gunfight.

Sorry, hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings; but, I thought these things need to be said. You approach and withdraw from the target zone in, 'Condition Yellow'. If, for any reason, you are alarmed then you should immediately go into, 'Condition Orange'. At this point, your pistol should already be out and fully charged; and you should, also, be looking for available cover.

Can you protect yourself from someone with a sawed-off shotgun who suddenly jumps out in front of you and sticks the shotgun in your face? No, you can't; and it doesn't matter how or what you're carrying if that should happen. There's, also, no adequate pistol defense against a rifleman who chooses to snipe you from 80 meters out. Chambered or unchambered carry isn't going to do you any good in either of these situations.

The greatest liabilities I see in the OP's comments are, (1) Not being allowed to practice, and (2) not being allowed to wear a bullet-resistant vest. If I were to decide NOT to take a security job in assbackwards Australia, it would be, principally, because of these two reasons and nothing else.

Page generated in 0.02452 seconds with 8 queries