View Single Post
Old April 10, 2006, 06:17 PM   #16
silver-bullet

Hmmm.... well, let me ask you a question: Are you anticipating that the handgun you choose may have to DEFEND YOUR LIFE from an attacking grizzly, OR, are you anticipating that the weapon you choose should simply be powerful enough to SCARE the grizzly away?

If your answer is: "Silver, I need a weapon that should be able to defend me from an aggressive/attacking grizzly," then I echo the previous opinions that you definitely need something more powerful (a .44 magnum or .454 Casull revolver comes to mind). BUT, if you are only looking for something which might be powerful/loud enough to scare a grizzly away, or deter his intentions of snacking on you or your loved ones (and you're dead-set on getting a semiautomatic), then I would recommend a compact pistol chambered in .357 Sig. This is one of the LOUDEST auto-cartridges I've ever fired, and properly loaded, should provide greater penetration than almost ANY other autopistol round (the 10mm is good too, but there are just too few pistols out there chambered for this round). You might take a look at the Sig-Sauer p229 in .357 Sig, or the HK USP Compact. Both are world-class, and easy to carry. Best of luck!

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries