View Single Post
Old December 20, 2008, 09:51 AM   #12
kraigwy

I had a friend that grew up on a ranch in Ariz. He was into trick stuff with guns and ropes, spinning, tossing it and catching it behind him, etc. He was quite good. Use to put on deminestrations all over the place.

He got me interested and I started practicing like mad. Instead of using a SSA colt like most did, I was using my Smith Model 28 Service revolver. I got to where every time I picked up the gun I was spinning and doing all kinds of tricks.

Then the Problem came. This other cop and I were doing a building search at a burglary scene. A bandit was seen in the building so we drew our service revolvers and comenced the searh. After clearing the building, the other cop takes me asided and tells me "if I ever go on a building search with him again and start playing cowboy, spinning my pistol he was gonna take it away from me and beat me to death with it".

I didnt even realize I was spinning the revolver. I had done it so much it was a habit. I gave up spinng after that incident and to this day haven't picked it up. There is a time and place for everything, Building Searches isnt the place for spinning revolvers. But it was a fun little hobby while it lasted.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02509 seconds with 8 queries