View Single Post
Old May 21, 2004, 10:42 AM   #4
mvpel

Latest news

So, to bring everyone up to date on this issue:

Late the following week, I retained the services of Penny Dean, an attorney and member of the Gun Owners of New Hampshire board of directors.

The Manchester PD immediately clammed up, putting all the information they have under the rubric of an "internal investigation," exempt from public records requests.

They interviewed the store manager without informing us, and he refuses to talk with us.

They are citing regulatory rules barring the release of 911 record information, Penny has been doing research to see how we might be able to get those records without having to file a lawsuit.

They attempted to contact my wife to interview her last week, in spite of Penny's request that they refrain from ex partae communication.

Dave Workman published an article about the situation in GunWeek, in the May 10 edition - the MPD refused to comment.

Gun Owners of America has expressed interest in the case, and the board of Gun Owners of New Hampshire discussed it at their last meeting a couple of weeks ago. I expect that their quarterly newsletter will include an article about it.

There has been essentially no interest expressed by the newspapers, even the Manchester Union-Leader.

Last edited by mvpel; May 21, 2004 at 10:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries