View Single Post
Old December 4, 2008, 06:42 AM   #23
Gecko10

Jack posted:

"I agree that the speed will be the challenge, but with a target that big and that close you dont even have to aim. Just point and shoot."

Jack a year from now you will have changed your mind. If you don't acquire the front sight you will have more misses than you think and remember each miss is a 5 sec penalty and procedural are 10 sec. The transitions and movements can also be very costly, time wise, if not done correctly. Listen to what Hawg is telling you and believe him.

BTW, I routinely shoot with Evil Roy and several other world "ranked" CAS shooters. They are very nice, helpful folks, but in a class of their own in which I will never be competitive. I don't even want to. Most CAS shooters I know are in it for the sheer fun of it (not the competition) and many concentrate on other areas of the sport other than shooting, such as period correct gear and clothing, the social aspect, black powder firearms (I think Hawg does this), etc. Around here the CAS folks are a very close nit group, including the world champion class folks.

In final analysis it is a fantasy shooting sport and not necessarily a competitive one.

Here is a link to the Official SASS/CAS forum. You will get a much better idea of all aspects of the sport and answers to future questions there as it is very active:

http://www.sassnet.com/forums/

Last edited by Gecko10; December 4, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.02997 seconds with 8 queries