View Single Post
Old December 18, 2002, 04:06 AM   #8
Airwolf

Every year it seems more and “crimes” are classed as felonies. Look at the laws involving firearms for the most glaring examples. If things proceed on the current course I wouldn’t be surprised to see letting your dog take a dump on the sidewalk become a serious misdemeanor with “special circumstances” making a felony conviction mandatory. Sound crazy? Again, look at the firearms (especially the AW ban) laws for an example.

As was pointed out it’s IMPOSSIBLE to know all the laws. I can guarantee that each and every one of you (and myself as well) break some every single day with out having the slightest idea that we did.

The system is broken. Until some sanity returns we all (especially as firearms owners) run a high risk of having some possession or behavior that has been perfectly acceptable suddenly made a serious crime by the stroke of a pen. It’s happened before, it will continue and get worse as time passes.
On Sepember 13, 2004 "Free America" became a bit more free with the sunset of the AWB. On that same day California banned the .50BMG. The nation looks to California as a "trend setter". Ignore what happened here at your own peril.

California: The New And Improved CCCP

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries