View Single Post
Old May 27, 2006, 01:38 PM   #6
amamnn

cheapskates

If you check the ingredients of spray gun cleaner and spray brake cleaner you'll buy the brake cleaner--it's really cheap at Wal-Mart. You can make powder drop tubes from the bottom half of screw together type ball point pens that they give away at the hardware store. Well, they give them away at my hardware store, anyway. If you need a longer one, try snitching the long straw from one of those oversized kid's drink cannisters; they chew them or lose them anyway. You can get anti static mats really cheap by ordering online. I got mine ages ago when they were expensive, but I've seen fair sized mats for $9.99 plus shipping online. Some people use dryer fabric softener sheets, but mats work 24/7/12/365.
Instead of buying moly bullets, or moly coating kits, treat your barrel with moly paste. It's safer for the barrel and you get a slight boost in velocity instead of a drop plus it resists fouling, saving on cleaners and patches.
It's not really reloading related, but instead of a trigger job, try treating the trigger parts with moly oil.
Unless you want benchrest tolerances, there is not really any difference between a $30.00 die and a $30.00 die SET. If you are going to buy a powder trickler, buy a heavy one the first time; you'll know why it makes a difference if you buy the light one.
Picking up range brass can be cheap or it can be a cheap disaster. Find out where the cops shoot, if they don't have their own range, and go right after they finish. You'll then have some reasonable chance to get true once fired brass. Unless of course, the range officer collects it.

Page generated in 0.04097 seconds with 8 queries