View Single Post
Old October 13, 2002, 06:55 PM   #1
BloodyThumb

Quick Kahr PM9 range report

First time out with a new PM9. I'll keep this short...

As recommended by Kahr, I cleaned and lubricated it before the first range session.

I did something different just for grins... I started first up with a magazine of a bullet that is typically hard to chamber.

Rounds

1-7 / Cor Bon 115gr +P - No malfs
8-107 / 115gr Winchester White Box - No malfs
108-175 / Cor Bon 115gr +P - One FTF at around 150 - nose
down hang on feed ramp - hard hang, had to lock
slide and drop mag
176-221 / Fed 146gr Hydra Shocks - No malfs
222-237 / Some old 147gr Black Talons - No malfs

I didn't try to shoot groups, but at around round 150 I started shooting for head shots at 15yds. Easily obtainable, but I was not pushing for speed. I did not get out the timer until I switched over to my 1911's, but I will at some point. With the 147gr standard pressure Fed, I would say just under a second a round, taking it easy, but all solid head shots. POI was a tad low of POA, maybe 1 inch at 15 yds with the 147's. The Cor Bons, naturally, were pretty snappy, but not at all uncontrollable, although I did develop a nice little blister on the bottom of my trigger finger toward the end of the Cor Bons.

I have a Beretta Elite 2 that likes the Cor Bons, and will being trying them soon in a HK P7M8. Everything else I have ever tried them in has been less than wonderful. I keep them around for the Beretta. It is a hard round to feed.

Even when manually cycling the MK9, the difference in the Cor Bons and EITHER of the 147gr was noticeable. The feed is much smoother and quieter with the 147's, and the CB have a definite "hitch" as the round first contacts the ramp.

In any case, I would likely not carry the +P's in the gun anyway, opting for a little more weight out of the shorter barrel. I intend to try some of the other better HP's soon as well.

When I stripped it for cleaning, I found no surprises… just a lot of WW White box filth, normal for that cheap ammunition.

So far, so good.

BT

BT

NRA Life
NAHC Life
WWW.NLEOMF.ORG

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries