View Single Post
Old October 21, 2002, 05:28 PM   #7
trustthat

PM9 Range Time

I just received my PM9 and took it out to the range for a little test. In the two hours i was at the range I put 809 rounds through the gun. THis is my story of it. The gun is extremely accurate for starters and the recoil isn't horrible or the size of the gun. I don't have group measurements but everytime I put up a new target I would hit two or three consectutive shots in about a three inch group at 30 yrds (thought i couldn't do that with this gun at first). THis is the ammo list.

487 Winchester White box 115gr
150 Blazer 115gr
50 Winchester WinClean 115gr
50 Magtech 115gr
25 Remington Golden Saber 124gr JHP
20 Starfire 95gr JHP
16 Cobon +p JHP
11 Federal Hydra Shok 135gr JHP

My first hicup came at round 371 with the Corbon's, these have a little more kick out of this gun and I think I limp wrist this shot and the next one which came four shots later.

On round 384 i had another failure to feed but it was again fixed by pulling the slide back. Corbon's again

Here I took a break for about a minute or so. My hand was shaking just a little but stilll had some testing to do. Then I said, to my self, that I have to stop letting it get away from and start to pay attention to my hands a little more.

On round 474 the slide hung with the Win white box (I think i hit the catch becuase my hand went all over the place on this shot).

485 I had another imature slide lock. (I am not taking the blame for this one.)

726 Win whitebox got hooked while ejecting. Was fixed by pulling the slide back.

My hands are tired but the people have to know. You must go on.

Somewhere in here I hit the mag release and my temperture rose when I pulled the trigger and watched the mag fall to the floor as the gun went bang. I thought it was falling apart only to look and say to myself you did it.

About three minutes later I was letting it cool off.

Alll in all I have to say that this is a pretty good little gun. I am not sure about some of the slide locks which mostly happened. i say this becuase I was shooting really quick for the most part so i could have accidently cause the problems that occured.

Any one in Louisiana and live in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area who would like try the PM9 e-mail me and when can try to get together.

I will keep everyone posted on the progress. The next time I go to the range I will not take any blame becuase my hand will not be tired.

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries