View Single Post
Old February 22, 2000, 02:27 PM   #1
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Tho, hated might be a tad strong....

Howzabout a thread on shotguns we don't like? Everyone knows I'm an unabashed 870 fan, but maybe what you don't know is...

Don't like Browning A-5s. They're exceptionally strong,durable,reliable and all the other things I like. Big fan of John Moses Browning's approach to design,too. But I just can't hit with them.Tried a couple, shot one extensively, and owned a Rem Model 11 for a while. Can't hit with them...

Don't care much for S&W shotguns. We had some in the early 80s,and they worked mostly OK when clean, but tower weapons get dirty just sitting there. A FTF in a S&W 3000 would leave a preacher cussin'.

Even though I started out with a H&R single bbl,don't care much for them. A goose load in a 16 ga, 5 1/2 lb single bbl will build a flinch in nano seconds.

AM positively virulent towards the old High Standard pumps,and the company's warranty policy on same. Closest thing to a lemon I've ever had in a domestic shotgun. Sold it to someone I didn't like.
And that same company's bullpup shotgun was a real mess.

Oh,yes, the Striker/Streetsweeper job. Answer to a non existent question,IMO.Same with any shotgun with just a PG, no stock.

How about you?

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries