View Single Post
Old November 1, 2000, 02:35 AM   #10
mrat

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Scott:
It may seem wrong, but consider this: if the law did say the police are obliged to protect every individual, they would be sued for every successful crime.
[/quote]

I was going to make the above statement but David beat me to it and he is 100% right. Every victim of a crime would have the right to sue the police because the police did not protect them from becoming a victim. There would be plenty of attorneys lining up to take these cases and they would win. Quess who would get to pay for these lawsuits: THE TAXPAYERS.

David makes another valid point, we would become a police state to avoid this. LEOs on every street corner with ultimate power since the Constitution would have to be suspended (I am an LEO and I do not want to see this happen).

I know it sounds great to bag on LEOs or the "system" for not protecting people but think of the alternative. What I would like to see is the courts/judges start locking the BGs away that prey on our citizens and stop treating them like children who stole a cookie.

Page generated in 0.02657 seconds with 8 queries