View Single Post
Old November 1, 2000, 11:03 AM   #13
RickD

That sounds more like Riss v City of New York where an ex-boyfriend calls her on the phone and says, "If I can't have you, nobody can. And after I get through with you, nobody will want you."

She called police who told her to call back when he got there. She soon found herself horribly disfigured after having lye thrown on her face. She lost an eye but was not killed.

Interestingly enough, in the dissenting opinion, the judge wrote something like, "The very government that rendered her unable to defend herself [disarmed her] now deny any responsibility to protect her."

Warren v District of Columbia is the story of three women who lived in a some sort of two-story duplex. Two roomies were upstairs asleep when they hear noises downstairs (it was their other roomy being raped. They call D.C. police who say they are coming right over. The two women crawl out to an overhanging roof structure in the back of the building and wait.

The police come. Knock on the door (my recollection) and leave. They noises resume. The women crawl back inside and call again. They are told that the police will be sent again. They wait. But the police do not come a second time.

Soon the noises end. The women creep down the stairs to see if their roomate is okay. They turn on the lights to find the roomate unconscious but otherwise alright. Also feeling alright are the two rapists who are asleep on the couch. The rapists wake up, grab the two fresh roomies and begin to beat and rape them as well. They have the first roomie join them as they are forced to perform sex acts on the two rapists and each other.

Warren sued. Much to her surprise, she lost...

Rick

Page generated in 0.02872 seconds with 8 queries