View Single Post
Old April 22, 2024, 08:06 PM   #1
deerslayer303

I finally put my Hand Gonne together

I bought this thing from Beagle years ago. It had just been sitting in a cabinet since. I recently read a post on another board of a fella shooting his .75 cal Handgonne. That Post gave me the motivation I needed to get the thing out and put a tiller on it. I went down to a friend of mine's Grits mill, Grits is just one of the things my buddy does at this place. He has literally everything I believe . Anyway, I walked into his wood shop with intention of turning a piece of hickory on the Lathe to make the tiller but I saw a piece of Purple heart laying in the corner. I asked about it and he said I could have it, and that it should make a great handle. He told me its as tough if not tougher than hickory. He wasn't wrong. Anyway we widdled out a tiller and installed it. I brought it home, sanded it to 320 and threw a coat of BLO on it. This wood is awesome looking. The Handgonne measures to .540" but I may bore it to .750 at some point. I'm gonna swing by a fireworks shop tomorrow and see if I can get some fuse. I may order an "S" lever to install on it and try a slow match. I'll report back if I can hit the broad side of a barn with it. At any rate it should be a hoot to play with.

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries