View Single Post
Old January 28, 2008, 04:20 PM   #11
Slamfire

I have only one chrome lined AR, it is an Armalite M4 type carbine. And it shoots extremely well. I am honestly surprised on how good the barrel groups. I expected a 2 MOA barrel, and it will shoot closer to MOA. Maybe better, but a shorty carbine is extremely difficult to shoot. Stock weld sucks and the sight radius is very short. I only get good groups shooting off a rest. Unsupported, not so great, but it is me not the barrel that is having problems.

However I have a shooting bud that loves Colt HBar barrels. I have been told these are chromed. Last I remember he was shooting those across the course, and as he is a several times President' 100 placer, and placed 2nd in the Garand match, at least once, he is a good enough shot to evaluate quality.

For most applications I think a quality chrome barrel will provide acceptable accuracy and outstanding barrel life. I have heard a chrome barrel will last 10-15,000 rounds. That is better than the 5000 rounds a standard barrel will last.

But, on my Match AR's, I am shooting Douglas, Wilson, Walther non chrome lined match barrels.

It might make no difference on paper with me, but I ain't gonna take the chance.

Page generated in 0.02558 seconds with 8 queries