View Single Post
Old December 2, 2005, 01:52 PM   #17
gb_in_ga

Quote:
Until the police and military disarmed them at gun point...

It wasn't until the SAF and NRA jumped in that this stopped, but many people lost their weapons before that point.
There shoulda been mass firings and prosecutions over that -- those people were sworn to uphold the consititution. Unfortunately, it seems that the local law enforcement as well as the feds that were there became a big part of the problem. It was still the EOTWAWKI, but what happened was a pretty quick transition from anarchy to overly heavy-handed martial law which failed to properly discriminate between friends (the citizens' militias) and foes (the gangsta thugs). It got ugly, and then it got even uglier. Confiscating law-abiding peoples' guns was worse than inexcusable, it was despicable -- they were robbing the very people who they were supposed to be protecting of the most effective means for their protection.

But with that in mind, it seems to me that in a similar EOTWAWKI situation, one would be better off armed with something effective and yet CHEAP -- I mean, if the government thugs make a weapons sweep, you would be better off losing a cheap gun rather than an expensive gun. Maybe a HiPoint carbine or an SKS might be the best choice -- effective yet cheap. And then get something like a Makarov or a used revolver as a sidearm -- again, cheap but effective. And hide all the rest of your guns until order is restored.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 8 queries