Thread: Taurus 85ssul
View Single Post
Old August 14, 2006, 09:12 PM   #6
HKCowboy

Yes, I alwlays clean my firearms as soon as I get home from the store. First thing that came to mind was the lock, but it was not the culprit. I called Sportsman Warehouse and they offered to send it back to Taurus on their dime. Well, I thought, since it is going back to the factory, I wanted to know if I can figure out what was wrong with it. So I removed the grips, then the face plate screws. Face plate screws came off without any effort at all (they were LOOSE), not a good sign. I removed the face plate and inspected the action to figure out what was seizing it. After much poking, it looked like the triger spring swivel (see pic that I borrowed from another post) has rotated counter clockwise a little bit (maybe caused by the loose screw, since this is pressed down by the face plate)? I rotated it clockwise until it aligned with the trigger spring center and voila, it's no longer seized. I cleaned and lubed the action, put some blue locktite on the swivel, put the plate back on and used a little locktite on the screws to keep them in place. I will take it back to the range on Thursday after work. Thank you for all your replies.

Page generated in 0.03767 seconds with 8 queries