View Single Post
Old October 23, 2009, 02:05 PM   #1
awpk03s

New Pistol: MetroArms (Firestorm) 1911

Recently I have been enjoying the heck out of my primary 1911 (Springfield Champion LW Operator), and I could not resist the pull to have another one. I have read very good things about the MetroArms models (includes Firestorm and American Classic) as well as Rock Island - and have also watched the prices steadily increase on them as well. So, I figured the time was ripe to act and buy one. I was torn between this gun and a RIA Tactical. The Firestorm was $50 cheaper, and has a nicer deeper blue finish on it (in my opinion) and the stock sights had dots on it, so I bought it. I added Trijicon NS to it, because, well - all my other pistols have them. Here are some pictures from the initial disassembly. One appears to have some gunk in the slide - it's just oil. I noticed it after the picture and was too lazy to take another picture after cleaning it out. It is not as tight as my Springer, but it does appear to be very well made and put together. I plan to add some grips from Sarge (www.thefinergrain.com) soon to complete the look. Very much looking forward to shooting and breaking it in so I can comment again with a range report on accuracy, function, reliability.

Page generated in 0.02199 seconds with 8 queries