View Single Post
Old January 9, 2007, 07:20 AM   #1
mes228

Taurus PT 1911 - Taurus Replaced It

Just wanted to post the conclusion of the defective Taurus PT 1911 .45 pistol I purchased. Pistol was bulging primers severely. They have elected to replace the pistol and are very "mum" about what was wrong. Guess I'll never know, but I've checked several PT 1911's and the firing pin hole in the breech face was much larger on mine. That, and perhaps head space problems, may have been the cause. That's my un-educated guess. At any rate they thought the pistol dangerous enough to replace - not repair. They told me I should receive a new pistol in about a week. Some posters here took me to task for reporting the problem saying "nothing wrong with the pistol", "stop the panic", "the firing pin hole is normal they chammerfer it" etc.etc. And other childish remarks. Any idiot looking at these primers would have immediatly seen something badly wrong. Actually I'm satisfied with Taurus. Though they should have caught the defect when the pistol was test fired (required by law I think). Someone apparently failed to check the casing. That would be easy as the pistol functioned great. Taurus picked the gun up at their expense on Christmas Eve and now are replacing it. If all goes as I was told by phone yesterday, I'm satisfied.

Page generated in 0.03619 seconds with 8 queries