View Single Post
Old January 9, 2007, 03:35 PM   #5
mes228

Taurus

No, I have not requested anything from Taurus. Might be justified though, as I did purchase a several hundred dollar gun to replace their broken one. I just returned from the range. I used the Gold Cup and I'm impressed. At 22 yards I was able to keep 100% of the rounds within the 4" black off hand. Most were within 2-3 inches. The trigger is quite good, don't know why some think the series 80 pistols triggers are bad. I did have 2 failures to feed but I was using 5 magazines of various makes. Both failures were from the same mag, also both mags of that brand failed to lock the slide back. The blueing on the pistol is flawless, the sights are quite good and easily adjustable. I fired 185 grain jacket hollowpoints, 230 grain ball ammo, and wad cutters. All seemed to shoot about the same place at 22 yards and had no problem putting them into the black. This gun has a "solid" feel and handles well. I like this pistol a lot. This is the first Colt 1911 I've owned and it might just become my favorite semi-auto pistol. The trigger is heaven compared to my Glocks. Best regards and have a great day.

Page generated in 0.02307 seconds with 8 queries