View Single Post
Old January 10, 2007, 05:54 AM   #8
mes228

Taurus

Dreadnaught, I am sure that the firing pin hole on my PT was excessively large. The unsupported primer was "re-inflating" the pin strike so there was little evidence of the strike at all. Taurus tells you nothing and the people that dealt with me did not work on the gun. Maybe mine was the only one made that way, but then again maybe not. In modern maching operations it wouldn't take but a few minutes to "mis-drill" a number of receivers. I hope everyone checks their casings. All this is just my opinion from observation and I'm no gunsmith. The rest of the gun I really liked. It functioned great and was quite accurate. Finish was good but I prefer a polish blue to a matt blue or parkerizing. I don't know where my pistol was in the number manufactured. I suspect my pistol is on it's way back to Brazil to the manufactuering facility. To trace down exactly how it got that way. And how it got out of the factory that way. Some inspector will probably lose his job on this deal. All firearms are supposed to be test fired I think. Anyone looking at a casing from this gun couldn't help but see a problem.

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 8 queries