View Single Post
Old December 4, 2001, 12:54 PM   #1
Racegun

Carbon 15 Type 20 Range Report

I'm sure this topic has been covered before but all I've seen is posts on the negative side. I picked up the Type 20 last week and headed to the range for some accessories and test fire just to see what all the fuss was about.

For a sighting system I chose a BSA low power scope with a lighted crosshairs option. I didn't want to add much weight to a lightweight but I needed to see at 100yds. A 30rd mag is supplied with the gun and I had a 5rd Colt to use on the benchrest while sighting in the scope.

The first thing I did was to take the gun apart and lube it thoroughly as it comes bone dry from the factory. I use a home made lube for all my guns consisting of STP oil treatment and Mobile 1 10w30, equal parts of each heated in the micro a bit and stirred to mix thoroughly. Then I paint it on all the parts with a small artist paintbrush. The lube lasts a long time and sure does slick things up.

Finally it was time to see how it shoots. All I have ever heard was how the Carbon 15 jams like crazy but that was not the case with mine. It works beautifully even under rapid firing using the 30rd mag.

Great little lightweight. Nice edition to the collection!

Genie

Williams Gun Repair

Princeton, Texas

Page generated in 0.02471 seconds with 8 queries