View Single Post
Old September 22, 2004, 05:14 PM   #24
OrangeSkies

Thanks for posting this sad experience. It prompted me to send this letter to WC. It probably won't make a bit of difference, but I just felt compelled to say something. I hate companies that get so big and successful that they feel they don't have to worry about customer support anymore. This seems to be the case with WC.

Anyway, here's what I had to say:

Quote:

Hello John M @ Wilson Combat,

I was dismayed to read (on a gun forum on the internet) of a recent "problem" a customer is experiencing in trying to resolve an issue with a product he purchased from Wilson Combat.

How you run your business is obviously none of mine, but the apparant callous attitude your company has taken towards this particular customer is not likely to garner you more customers in the long run. Especially when said customer is recounting his experience with Wilson Combat Customer Service on numerous gun-related discussion forums on the internet. (Just take a look at what happened to Dan Rather/CBS as a result of the internet, as a perfect case in point).

Regardless of who was ultimately at fault in this particular case, you have failed to follow the most simple and basic rule of doing business with the public: "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT". PERIOD.

While you may feel justified in refusing to honor this customers (paid in full) warranty (presumably to save yourselves a few bucks), the long-term cost to WC will surely prove to be substantially higher through the loss of future revenue from all who have read of this embarrassing (for WC) experience on the internet.

It's certainly made me seriously contemplate whether I would be comfortable doing business with Wilson Combat.

Just saying is all...

Thanks for your time,
Best of luck getting your barrel back in shape, and thanks again for sharing your experience with us.

Page generated in 0.02858 seconds with 8 queries