View Single Post
Old August 29, 2000, 01:54 PM   #11
mk86fcc

I posted the following on a couple other boards, and was about to start a new topic here when I saw this thread. My question stands, though. What brands would you recommend?
I'm looking to buy some pepper spray for a girl we know that's started college this fall. Her mom would like her to have something more than just keys between her fingers to fend off an attacker should that unthinkable event occur. (For a variety of reasons I won't go into here, a gun is not an option.) Bought a couple cans of Sabre brand last week and let her spray me for training Saturday. Big disappointment. First, it came nowhere near the 8-10 foot spray distance advertised; then, when she did finally manage to hit me with it, all it did was annoy me. Anyone had any real-life experiences with a brand they'd buy again without question?
LawDog -
I know you made some recommnedations there. Which one might be best for someone with a minimum of training (next to none, really - I'm not real interested in being a "pepper spray red-man" more than once) and in somewhat below average physical condition?

------------------
"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
"An armed society is a polite society."
Robert Heinlein
"Power corrupts. Absolute power - is kinda cool!"
Fred Reed

[This message has been edited by mk86fcc (edited August 29, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03616 seconds with 8 queries