View Single Post
Old September 4, 2008, 05:01 PM   #38
Smaug

I have been thinking about this since I started this thread.

I'm starting to realize that even though I'm a young guy, I prefer older styles of firearms.

In the 1990s, I just had to have a Glock. I finally got one, and it just didn't do anything for me emotionally. It shot well enough, though not as well as the typical hammer-fired gun. As an engineer, it bothered me to get rid of it. From a functional standpoint, it was the perfect gun.

I just sold my Ruger P90 in favor of a Ruger Redhawk.

Now, as long as I've been worrying and thinking of this topic, and despite all the advice I've gotten from most of you, I would rather have a Marlin lever action. If I ever get attacked by multiple men with rifles, I'm sure I'll have some regrets and think back to this thread before I get snuffed, but hopefully, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

On the other hand, since I just bought a Redhawk, Bersa 380, and Daly Hi Power in the last month, I'm all tapped out for a while, funds-wise, and I have a while longer to think about it.

MikeGoob - I think JKHolman was just referring to my prefernce to buy a complete rifle, since I don't want to get into the science of building an AR. I'm OK with just knowing how to take them down & clean them.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries