View Single Post
Old September 4, 2008, 08:54 PM   #41
LateNightFlight

Good thread

I'm also in the category of being in need of my first AR, so the discussion was as helpful for me as it was for the original poster. The only reason I haven't gotten one is because there are so many choices; it's hard to decide. I think I've narrowed it down to a 20" (chrome) barrel but I'm not sure if I want a bull barrel. Also thinking along the lines of a flat top and fixed stock. Not sure about the brand but was leaning towards a DPMS. On the one hand, I'd love a tack driver. But, at the same time, I'd like something easy to lug around and plink with on occasion.

I could keep putting these decisions off and wait for the big epiphony that points me at one particular AR, then again, the potential legislative reasons to move forward are upon us.

The irony of these legislative threats against gun owners is how well these legislative hazards sell guns. I never had a compelling reason to own a Glock. Not that I didn't like them or didn't think I might like to have one someday, but I was in no rush. I was living in the Left Coast Republik of California when the outline of new legislation would target that gun and others like it. So, the anti-gunner threat sealed the deal and I entered the two week waiting period the same day I got wind of the new bill. I still have that gun. Way to drive the market, Dems!

And here we are again. My AR purchase is looking like a time sensitive probability.

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries