View Single Post
Old January 23, 2007, 01:07 AM   #16
dave421

You should check out the S&W SW99 also. It's the Smith version of the P99. Same gun except for small differences (slide for example). Tends to be a bit cheaper. My roommate just picked one up last week used for $300 (Police turn-in at a local LEO store). It seems that they used his hand to design the grip. It's not quite as comfortable for me but it is more comfortable than the Glocks. Also, if you are an accessory guy, the SW99 has a universal rail rather than the Walther-only rail on the P99 (you have to get adapters for the Walther to use standard attachments). Also make sure if you go with one to get the correct mags. Many of them have 10 round mags. The "LE-only" mags that should be more available now are 16 rounders. Also, while the AS trigger is nice and smooth, I wouldn't want one since it is just SO different from anything else I've experienced. I haven't had a chance to feel or fire a QA yet but I think that's what I'd prefer.
For me it boils down to:
Comfort: P99/SW99
Accuracy: P99/SW99
Aftermarket: Glock hands down (sights, holsters, conversions, $$, etc.)
Warranty: Not sure on the P99 but Smith and Glock are both Lifetime
Recoil: Glock (P99/SW99 seems to have a tad bit more recoil)
Price: usually Glock
I would choose the P99 BUT you should really shoot both first to see which fits you better.

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries