View Single Post
Old January 23, 2007, 10:50 AM   #24
Laserlips

Ausserordeutlich:

Sorry. I should have said "professional leo's" who train sufficiently and on a regular basis.

I don't mind diagreeing with you in regards to the Glock trigger system being any more susceptable to AD/ND's than a traditional DA/SA pistol, as we are all entitled to personal opinions, and these posts represent just that, and that only.

If you seriously think the "everlite" (my words) trigger/striker on the Glocks, and the light trigger pull for the first round is as safe from a potential ad/nd as the heavier first round DA trigger pull on another brand of firearm you are imo incorrect. (note the imo part).

My judgement regarding this issue is based on my personal experience, and that alone. If you feel froggy with your Glocks, that works for me.

I respectfully suggest if the infamous DEA(?) agent who managed to shoot himself in the thigh with his Glock 40, after just declaring he was the only one in the room "professional" enough to handle his Glock had been demostrating a DA/SA firearm the nd would never have happened. Even as dense as he was I don't think he would have pulled the trigger with enough force to overcome a DA trigger pull..

Therefore, he wouldn't be the laughingstock of the firearms owning community, there wouldn't be a nice scar on his leg, and a classroom of impressionable children wouldn't have been traumatized, and possibly endangered by the incident.

If you think any single action, light trigger pull on any firearm is inherently safer than a heavier double action trigger pull regardiing potential for nd/ad then I respectfully suggest we just see things differently on this issue, and doubt either of us will be moving over to the others line of thinking anytime soon..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries