View Single Post
Old April 10, 2008, 09:23 PM   #20
Garand Illusion

Quote:
Maybe it's the Rambo mentality he has seen...you've seen it...and you are a gun owner...doesn't it bother you a bit?
Oh yeah. I could list on for awhile all the things I've seen about some gun owners that bother me ... and I know what you're saying. There are a lot of rambos out there, though that doesn't bother me as much as the quantity of stupid people who buy guns and get themselves or others killed (if some Rambo is sure he needs 2 primary pistols and a backup at all times plus a rifle and shotgun in the trunk of the car and body armor even in August ... it doesn't bother me a bit as long as he carries them safely and remains law abiding).

But I have to keep reminding myself ... unless a true gun ban is put in place (zero tolerance for gun ownership, guns confiscated, etc.) then stupid people/Rambos will always be able to get one kind of gun or another. And it doesn't matter if you ban AR-15's or handguns because a hunting rifle is no less lethal.

So anti-gun laws short of a total ban do nothing but disarm the honest people who could defend themselves or others. People who want to be Rambo and are on the edge will carry guns anyway.

Before I joined the NRA, started arguing for the 2nd amendment, etc., CCW was just being considered in Colorado. I believed then, and still believe now, that you can be anti-gun and still be pro-CCW. Because why would you want to make sure that you and your fellow law-abiding civilians can't carry a weapon when the thugs can? If you're fighting for a ban on guns because you believe that too many people have guns, until the ban takes place wouldn't you at least want a gun to defend your own family?

my .02 ...

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries