View Single Post
Old April 11, 2008, 08:04 AM   #24
FireMax

Quote:
Okay let me ask this question to keep the Rambo theme rolling (mainly because it is a problem with our culture.
I don't think you are correct in your broad statement. I understand the general theme of what you are saying, but please tell us why you think it is a problem in our culture. How many people have you seen carrying a concealed weapon whom you thought had a Rambo mentality? What someone says on a web forum and what happens in real-life are two entirely different things. I hope that people will distinguish between the two. I contend that it is not a problem in our culture in the day to day lives of those who do carry concealed with a license to do so.

Personally, I have been shooting for over 10 years. Aside from being at a shooting range and seeing a few idiots every now and again, I have never once come across a person in public who was acting like a "Rambo". If this were honestly a "problem with our culture", then wouldn't it appear more often in our day to day lives?

Anyone is free to subscribe the views of the very left-wing author of the article at the top of this thread, but I certainly think it is focusing on the wrong issue. Bad policy is born....often, from a lie which fosters a misconception. In the case of the article at the top, the lie is intentional, born out of contempt for others with a different view. Having lost overwhelmingly in the legislature, which represents the people of Georgia, the author resorts to a lie by stating that there is a prevalent problem with over-zealous concealed weapons holders in our society. This "lie" is intended to foster a misconception of ccw holders as mentally flawed and thus not trustworthy to carry weapons. It is a slick attempt at "fear-mongering".

I'm sorry to see more than a few people in this thread get sucked in by this obviously common liberal tactic. IMO, these people are allowing themselves to be mis-directed by someone who is anti-gun.

Changing direction.....
Some people seem to not like the word liberal to be used to describe others. I use the word because the word exists in our culture to describe an ideology which is recognized in our society. If someone can think of another word to describe a person who wishes to expand government intrusion into the lives of the individual, I will be happy to hear it.

Page generated in 0.03671 seconds with 8 queries